1. Background Information: Reference Books
2. In-depth information
Artist Files (list available on the KIA Library Web site)
A. Michigan E-Library (MeL.org-available from home)
B. Art Abstracts online (KIA Library only): articles from art magazines and journals
C. AskArt.com: artist biographies and (at KIA Library only) art auction information
D. Biography Resource Center (Kalamazoo Public Library): biographical information
Links available via the Meader Library catalog
3. Searching for artists
Is your artist represented in the KIA permanent collection?
1. Consult the Artist Files (list available on the KIA Library website).
2. Consult reference sources from the Reference Books list above.
3. Consult appropriate databases:
4. Try the Meader Library catalog
5. Try the MeLCat Library catalog
6. Try the WorldCat Library catalog(home version)
IF NO: Skip step No. 1 above and proceed to No. 2!
4. Other art-related Web sites
I. How to use KIACat
Locate a book of photographs by Ansel Adams
Find a book on how to paint in watercolors
Locate a book on Japanese prints
(This can only be done from within the library, using the library’s computer.)
Find an article on woodfired glazes used in pottery