Posted August 20, 2021
Position: Advancement, Membership and Marketing Intern
Supervisor: Director of Advancement
Classification: 20 hours per week
Summary: Support the Advancement department in marketing and member service initiatives.
As part of the dedicated team at the KIA this position will be within the lively Advancement Department, devoted to client and member services, fundraising and marketing for the KIA including the Kirk Newman Art School. Supporting the advancement team in the overall department needs from data base updates, clerical entry, renewals and marketing needs. A strong level of technical competency is required. The successful intern should be positive, and professional with an outgoing attitude and flexible work plan schedule. Listed below is a brief overview of responsibilities but not an exhaustive list and will vary based on the department timeline and initiatives throughout the year.
- Membership support provided: renewal letters, database updates, appreciation cards,
mailers, weekly emails and trouble shooting
- Website: Help identify & update general data, hours, photos, calendar and some program content
- List and maintain all KIA events to external community portals/calendars: Mlive, Discover Kalamazoo, Arts Council of greater Kalamazoo, WMUK, LocalHop, Creative Many, West Michigan Travel Association and others
- Assist with event planning including support in logistics, set up, distribution, volunteers, layout, timeline, mailers, and promotions for a variety of events for staff, rentals, members and community.
- Search out and initiate opportunities for all non-paid marketing stories and promotions
- Distribute materials within the KIA and to local partners as needed (flyers, posters, cards)
- Design and print signage, flyers, and other materials tickets using Publisher, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Canva and/or Photoshop
- Research and compile reports or surveys
- Admin support to help streamline records (hard copies and on Google Share Drive)
- Coordinate printing needs, including proofs, design, delivery and costs reports
- Help with volunteer intake and scheduling
- Support external rentals and site tours
- Draft outgoing communications for review by Director and to be used on Calendars, Press Releases, Social Media and Marketing materials
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Physical Job Requirements: While performing this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, reach, lift/move up to 50 lbs occasionally, do close work with a computer monitor and perform repetitive hand movements. Employee required to be able to have written and verbal conversations.
The KIA is an equal opportunity, equal access employer that is fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.